Phone: (323) 771-1145
Fax: (323) 771-1154
7955 Atlantic Ave, Cudahy, Ca 90201
Hours of Operation
Lunch 12pm-1pm ( Center Closed)
There are no upcoming events.
Year Round Enrollment
Whether you’re behind on credits, disconnected from school, want to graduate early, need to tend to responsibilities outside of school, or simply desire a non-traditional learning environment, OFY’s dedicated staff want to help you reach your academic goals
UPDATE 2020: Due to Distance Learning & COVID our centers will be hosting virtual orientations. Please call your Ktown center for more information
Times are difficult but here is a helping hand
Application Deadline and Lottery Information – UPDATE
Lottery Rules and Procedures Posting
Following are the rules and procedures for an enrollment lottery drawing should it be necessary.
- The school will enlist the services of an outside agency or auditor to monitor and verify the fair execution of all activities related to holding the lottery.
- The lottery will take place within 30 days of closing the open enrollment period, which will be at least 90 days long.
- The lottery will take place on the school’s campus in a facility large enough to allow all interested parties to observe the drawing, or at another public venue near the school large enough to accommodate all interested parties.
- The lottery will take place on a weekday evening or other time when most interested parties who wish to attend may do so.
- All interested parties will know, prior to the holding of the lottery, how many openings are available in the school and in the different grades served by the school.
- The following preferences will be extended to potential students:
- Founders’ children will, except in the case of very small proposed schools, constitute no more than 10% of the student body. Founders are defined to be the small group of people responsible for drafting of documents and for efforts, which resulted in the petition being approved.
- Students residing in the former attendance area of a conversion school shall be granted admission.
- For those charter schools having identified, in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws, a target student population within the charter petition, students within the targeted population will have three ballots with their names on them, then entered into the drawing pool, while prospective students outside the targeted population will have two ballots in the pool.
- Siblings of students who have their names drawn during the lottery shall receive a guarantee of admission unless the sibling is to enroll in a grade that has all of its spaces already filled in the drawing, in which case the sibling would be put on the lottery for admission to that grade ahead of all others on the lottery list for that grade.
- Children of employees shall receive the same statistical advantage, as would a potential student who is within the target population identified in the charter.
- The lottery shall draw names from a single pool of ballots or identified pools of ballots designed to establish a diverse student population.
- A representative of the outside agency or organization confirming the results of the lottery shall draw the ballots.
- The drawing shall continue until all names are drawn. Those individuals whose names are drawn after all spaces have been filled will be placed on the lottery list in the order drawn, except if the preferences described above require otherwise.
- Potential students on the lottery list shall provide contact information to be used in the event space becomes available. Families promoted off of the lottery list shall be informed in writing and have 10 business days from the date of postage to respond. In addition, the school shall attempt on at least two separate occasions to contact the parents/guardians of promoted students by telephone. Those families not responding within the 10-day period will forfeit their right to enroll their student in the school for that school year.
- The outside organization or agency verifying the fair execution of the lottery shall confirm in writing the lottery was conducted fairly, and the school shall keep on record copies of that confirmation.
COVID Updates - Center Level
Welcome family and visitors,
With COVID- 19 still keeping us in Distance Learning our Leadership team has made this section to the right just for you!
Please feel free to click on the links that will take you to important updates, readings and protocols